- The Social Security Disability Amendments of 1980, also known as Public Law#96-265, was signed into law by President Jimmy Carter on June 9, 1980.
- Bill legislation
- Key points of the legislation regarding child support included:
1. Allowed IRS to use all of their services to non-AFDC cases to collect child support by state IV-D agencies.
2. Also allowed matching funds for Court staff.
3. Increased to 90% federal matching funds to enhance computer systems used by state IV-D agencies.
4. Allowed state IV-D agencies to access wage data from state employment security agencies and the Social Security Administration.
www.supportguidelines.com Child Support Enforcement in the United States. Page 8