- The Social Security Act Amendments of 1950, also known as Public Law#81-734, was signed into law by President Harry Truman on August 28, 1950.
- Bill information: https://www.ssa.gov/history/1950amend.html
- First legislation regarding federal child support enforcement
- Key points of the legislation included:
1 . Required law enforcement to be notified by state welfare agencies when AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children) was provided to a child abandoned left by a parent.
2. Approval was given for the Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act (URESA).