- For states, the selection of a economic study represents important policy decisions about their child support guidelines.
- A economic study typically involve an Estimation Method, Guideline Model and Expenditure Data (Source & Year)
- Since 1990, there have been at least 10 ten economic studies about children expenses used by states.
- But the majority of states use one of the four Betson-Rothbarth economic studies (Guideline Models State-by-State List)
- An attempt was made by PICSLT to further research on child expenditures but it did not receive support.